Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Do pine cones go bad?

I picked about 30 pine cones from my parent's yard today so I can save them to make cute fall and christmas ornaments. My question is, will they go bad/rot?? I have never worked with pine cones before and since it's only April, I want to make sure they dont go bad.

Do pine cones go bad?
If you put them away wet you could get some rot. Other than that I have never heard of that happening.
Reply:As long as the cones are dry and you store them in a box so they don't get accidently crushed, they will last forever. I have a nice pinecone wreath that I made 20 years ago---still looks like new.





BTW--as they dry, cones tend to open and release the seeds, so they can be a bit messy until you shake the seeds out.

ada

No comments:

Post a Comment